The award recognises the efforts of a JA start-up company that features strong gender diversity in terms of team members and demonstrates the best forward-looking technology driven concept, with strong business potential and sustainability, as well as viability and scalability.
Technology Driven Innovation (40%)
- Has the company demonstrated innovative use of ICT (mobile technology, Collaboration Tools, Cloud based technology, Internet of Things or Internet of Everything) in their product or services?
- Is their product innovative and creative?
Business Potential and Sustainability (30%):
- The vision and goals for the development of the business over the next years.
- Demonstrate that the solution represents sufficient business potential to justify the investment efforts and the risks to be taken.
- Show concrete steps have been taken to becoming a real and sustainable business.
Viable & Scalable Business (30%)
- The business idea is realistic and practical.
- Fulfills a need / recognizes a market gap.
- Creates a new market.
The Microsoft Signature Award Jury
Director of Philanthropies Europe Microsoft
Kate Margaret Barnes
Strategic Partnerships Manager Philanthropies Europe Microsoft