The Start Up Programme gives post-secondary students (aged 19 to 30) the opportunity to experience running their own company, showing them how to use their talents to set up their own business.
Students also develop attitudes and skills necessary for personal success and employability and they learn how to run a business themselves. They gain key understanding in self-employment, business creation, risk-taking and coping with adversity, all with the support of experienced business volunteers.
- 1 academic year (up to 26 weeks with 2-4 hours/week)
- 20 European countries implementing the JA Start Up Programme
- 17 000 participating students last year
- 500+ higher education institutions
- 2500+ business coaches / mentors
Students Gain Real World Experience
- Build entrepreneurial skills and competencies.
- Develop a bottom-up approach to business concepts.
- Create strong business plans.
- Learn to take responsibility and be accountable to shareholders.
Students Develop Enterprising Skills and Attitudes
- Creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Teamwork and leadership.
- Getting goals and time management.